Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Saturday, September 17, 2016
Sarathi: Over the years
- Panchami: https://goo.gl/photos/Szc8pJtRzdpU8Aj49
- Shashti: https://goo.gl/photos/X24Q1iVNcrqbrHm26
- Saptami: https://goo.gl/photos/sAT9xrQMBbyBDkqs8
- Ashtami: https://goo.gl/photos/jskVjL8it2Uy1tuF8
- Dashami: https://goo.gl/photos/yC29NJ17YYw7vx4FA
- Panchami: https://goo.gl/photos/RRSUMVPRc11i6nyC7
- Shashti: https://goo.gl/photos/EhtzU6JPVax9bfiE9
- Saptami: https://goo.gl/photos/9r39ejwtkGHED77y5
- Ashtami: https://goo.gl/photos/RSBxfE5zWLXC2gLz9
- Nabami: https://goo.gl/photos/fRErzkUhuWjuPk7B8
- Dashami: https://goo.gl/photos/KUg5c6Q7rLdrMSnSA
- Durga Puja: https://goo.gl/photos/tjDC7ofUPdsobxLi7
- Lopamudra: https://goo.gl/photos/ZQ6wiHkK4nX8AHPc9
- Corporate & Venue: https://goo.gl/photos/t5sSit1DM8ZFehN76
- People: https://goo.gl/photos/yhU8kTYqzxQbqMz99
- Rabindra Sangeet: https://goo.gl/photos/gpL4v6uvokog24mT8
- Antara Chowdhury: https://goo.gl/photos/bu9FsVQS19bo3TLW7
- Sarathi Choir: https://goo.gl/photos/9eeVC1uGo4R1caTW7
- Rockin Kiddos: https://goo.gl/photos/KHxd3KECqXKYrgodA
- Mayukh: https://goo.gl/photos/tQsgnWyCR3V8ZK5bA
- Puneet Malvika: https://goo.gl/photos/GAC9A4MMtH78euUc6
- Kohal: https://goo.gl/photos/HLWHwi4NMGhCfomt7
- Inauguration: https://goo.gl/photos/DqVrJJ3nyp5j8Ys47
- Prakriti Parama: https://goo.gl/photos/ffn9qUgXxEsx3Q5N7
- Durga Puja: https://goo.gl/photos/SR1DiAJh5E7Rea9p9
- Down Memory Lane: https://goo.gl/photos/K6w2MyVY3UGwHUWv9
Thursday, September 15, 2016
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Monday, September 12, 2016
Please find the list of free PR releases for Sarathi Durga Puja.
com/forpressrelease-267263- shri-s-m-krishna-to- inaugurate-sarathi-socio- cultural-trust-bangalore- durga-puja-2016.html
shri-s-m-krishna-to- inaugurate-sarathi-socio- cultural-trust-bangalore- durga-puja-2016
socio-cultural-trust/shri-s-m- krishna-to-inaugurate-sarathi- socio-cultural-trust- bangalore-durga-puja--1112670/
s-m-krishna-to-inaugurate- sarathi-socio-cultural-trust- bangalore-durga-puja-2016
com/shri-s-m-krishna-to- inaugurate-sarathi-socio- cultural-trust-pr-597585.html
news/730749-1473502746-shri-s- m-krishna-to-inaugurate- sarathi-sociocultural-trust- bangalore-durga-puja-2016.html
press-release/Shri_S_M_ Krishna_to_inaugurate_Sarathi_ Socio_Cultural_Trust_ Bangalore_Durga.html
shri-s-m-krishna-to- inaugurate-sarathi-socio- cultural-trust-bangalore- durga-puja-2016-309467.html
com/news-shri-s-m-krishna-to- inaugurate-sarathi-socio- cultural-trust-bangalore- durga-puja-2016-1473521339. html
Wednesday, September 7, 2016
Friday, September 26, 2014
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
“The purohit has to fast but it is up to other people whether they want to fast or not. It’s just that if you do not fast then you cannot offer the pushpanjali. We don’t hold any animal sacrifices but we do offer an ash gourd as a sacrifice,” said Mita Pal, an organiser of the Sarathi Kali Puja at Koramangala.
Other major pandals in city
* Sarathi Socio-cultural Trust: Mangala Kalyana Mantapa, 80 Ft Road, Koramangala, 8th Block (near Aangan restaurant)
In Koramangala, the pandal by Sarathi Cultural Association is more contemporary in terms of the crowd and the stalls. With many popular restaurants putting up their stalls here, visitors can feast their tastebuds with Hyderabadi biryani, fish fry and rice or even cutlets and rolls.
“Earlier all the Bengalis of this city had to travel all the way to Ulsoor for Kali puja. So, we decided to conduct a puja in Koramangala itself. We formed an association, 'Sarathi Socio Cultural Trust' and started celebrating Kali puja besides the usual Durga puja,” said Sudipto Das, member of Sarathi socio-cultural Trust of Koramangala.
Nowadays, even the non-bengalis have joined in this celebration. Says Saurav Mathur, a resident of Sarjapur road, “I was associated with a group which used to organise Durga puja. Since then, I have been heavily influenced with all these pujas.”
Sarathi Cultural Association, near Ganesh Temple, 80 Ft Road, Koramangala
Durgotsav 2012, which would be celebrated by the Sarathi Socio Cultural Trust at Mangala Kalyana Mantapa, is one of the major events. One of the organisers said there are various fun-filled activities lined up, some of which include performances by Bengali pop artistes and bands along with a homemade food fiesta.
Sarathi Socio-Cultural Trust is organizing its 10th edition of the Puja. The 5-day cultural extravaganza, called Sammad, will be held at Mangala Kalyana Mantapa, 8th Block, 80 Feet Road, Koramangala. "We encourage all people, irrespective of community, to participate in the Puja," said Sudipto Das, a member of Sarathi.
“We would be bringing the original old idol of Durga during the puja this year. We have been distributing free bhog everyday and will have a lot of cultural programmes during the festival,” says Alok Basu, the chairman of the Sarathi Socio-Cultural Trust in Koramangala.
“If (the) IT (sector) as such doesn’t pick up, it’s very tough for events to happen in Bangalore,” said Sudipto Das, who handles cultural events at the Sarathi Socio-Cultural Trust, which organises the Puja at Koramangala, a locality home to many IT firms and professionals.
“Finance is tough this year also,” said Das, adding that the number of small sponsors “has reduced a lot”.
The Koramangala puja, which sees at least 1.5 lakh to 2 lakh visitors over the four days, will spend around Rs 18-19 lakh as against Rs 22 lakh last year in an attempt to optimise costs, he said.
Monday, October 1, 2012
Sarathi 2012 Schedule & Event Map
Evening Programs (6:30pm onwards)
1. 19th Oct, Friday, Panchami
a. 6:30pm to 8:00pm: Anandamela (Home Made Food Fiesta)
b. 8pm onwards: Swapan Basu (Bengali Folk)
2. 20th Oct, Saturday, Shashti
a. 6:30 to 7:15 pm: Kohal (Contemporary & Retro Music)
b. 7:15pm to 8pm: Inauguration
c. 8pm onwards: Krosswindz (Bengali Rock/Folk)
3. 21st Oct, Sunday, Saptami
a. 6:30pm to 7:30pm: Durga Bandana (Semi Classical Dance)
b. 8pm onwards: Saptarshi Mukherjee (BengaliContemporary Music)
4. 22nd Oct, Monday, Ashtami
a. 6:30 to 7:15pm: Bengali Songs
b. 7:15pm to 8pm: Governor's Address
c. 8pm onwards: June Banerjee (Hindi/Bengali Contemporary Music)
5. 23rd Oct, Tuesday, Navami
a. 6:30pm to 7:30pm: Bollywood Dance
b. 8pm onwards: Emon Chatterjee (Hindi/Bengali Contemporary Music)
The year 2012 marks tenth year of our celebration. Had it not been for your cooperation and participation, we wouldn’t have come this far. Looking back at the first year, when we rented a small Kalyan Mantapa opposite Koramangala Police Station in 2003, it seems like we’re now in a new age, specially this year, when Radio Mirchi has partnered with us to make the tenth year a grand event and a gala celebration.
We’re thankful to Radio Mirchi for their support.
His Excellency, Dr. Hansraj Bhardwaj, the Governor of Karnataka, has consented to inaugurate this year’s festival on 22nd October, Monday, Ashtami.
The highlights of the professional cultural events for this year are:
- A Sizzling Performance by Kunal Ganjawala on 21st October, Sunday, Saptami
- The Scent of Bengal – An Evening with Swapan Basu featuring Bengali Folk Songs on 19th October, Friday, Panchami
- An Evening on the Rocks – A performance by Krosswindz on 20th October, Saturday, Shashti
- Contemporary Bengali & Hindi songs by
o June Banerjee on 22nd October, (Monday, Ashtami)
o Emon Chatterjee and Sukanya Ghosh on 23rd October (Tuesday, Navami)
The other usual attractions are the in-house programs:
- Kohal – Retro and Contemporary Music: 20th October (Shashti)
- Durga Bandana – Semi Classical Choreography: 21st October (Saptami)
- Rabindra Sangeet and Modern Bengali songs: 22nd October (Ashtami)
- Bollywood Dance: 23rd October (Navami)
Monday, October 3, 2011
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
No doubt this year we would be hosting one of our greatest events till date. To start with, we're breaking the ground with none other than Kavita Krishnamurty on Shashthi, that's 2nd October. Being a Sunday we're sure that most of your guys would find it convenient to come to our arena and enjoy a wonderful evening. I don't think we need to give you any introduction about our star artiste.
I know that there are other attractions at other places during Durga Puja. You would get to see some famous personalities from Calcutta. But we at Sarathi Socio Cultural Trust believe in always surprising you something. Our events are meant to give you a wholesome entertainment. If you've been a regular at our shows you already know what our USP is. We believe in entertaining not only you, but your kids, your parents, your friends who don't speak Bengali. Our motto is to entertain whoever comes to our place, whoever comes with you. Many programs may be rich in Bengali culture or tradition but it may not be appreciated by everyone. We never forget that being in Bangalore we can't be too regional. Bengali culture and tradition is great, no doubt. But as they say, when in Rome be a Roman. Wen out of Bengal be an Indian rather than a Bengali. That's the motivation of having lot of Hindi programs. We're proud to associate us with not only the Bengali people of Bangalore but also with anyone who chooses to stop by the Mangala Kalyan Mantapa.
And from that point of view none other than Kavita Krishnamurty can represent a pan Indian event. She speaks Bengali, sings Bengali songs and her fame as a Hindi playback singer is beyond any debate.
Apart from Kavita Krishnamurty we have Indian Blues, a fusion band featuring a grandson of Ustad Ali Akbar Khan Saheb. Last year they had performed on Shashthi and had mesmerized with their unique music - they did Beatles, accompanied by Sarod. Isn't that fabulous. They would be enthralling you this time on Saptami, 3rd October.
Lastly, we have the young star from Calcutta - Iman!! Do a google search on him. He would be your Indian Idol on Navami!!